Natural Ways to Treat Inflammation
How Do I Know I Have Inflammation?
Inflammation can cause several discomforts such as, lack of mobility, pain, puffiness, swelling, and stiffness. Probability is, if you have an injury or some sort of irritation, you are probably dealing with inflammation as well.
What Causes Inflammation?
Personally, inflammation causes several of my discomforts in my body, and it can have several different causes. Physical causes may include injuries, wounds, overused muscles, joint problems. Illnesses/ Diseases may also cause inflammation such as cancer, autoimmune diseases, and allergens. Diet may also cause inflammation- such as choosing to eat too many foods that promote inflammation and not a balanced diet.
How Can I Treat Inflammation?
Depending on your severity of inflammation and cause, you may want to consult a doctor. Physical exercise will help muscles heal and remove inflammation. Here are other alternatives that can be placed into your lifestyle to assist with inflammation.
- Epson Salt bath – Epson salt can promote healthy circulation in your blood and reduce swelling. It can also help with muscle strain and swelling. Epson salt is usually used in a hot bath, dissolved, and soaked in.
- Turmeric – Turmeric contains an anti-inflammatory agent inside of it that reduces swelling and irritation in the body. Turmeric can be taken in a form of herbal tea, pills, or even a lotion.
- Frankincense – Frankincense has anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritic properties, and assists with pain. The most popular form to take it is in natural oils and applied directly over the inflamed muscle area of the body.
- Ginger – This natural root also carries anti inflammation and is the easiest to find in a local grocery store. Ginger can be applied either as a natural oil or slices of root. The most common use is using it in herbal tea and taken orally. Essential oils can be used inside of other beverages as well.
- Green leaves – Many dark green leaves also carry inflammatory properties as well. To maintain the strongest part of the properties, it is recommended to eat them raw, although they also are delicious prepared other ways.
- Salmon – Salmon carries a lot of healthy omega-3, and it also contains inflammatory benefits as well.
While these are just a few things you can use to assist your body drain the inflammation in your body, eating a well-balanced diet is also recommended. Don’t forget! We massage therapy is a GREAT addition to helping in treating inflammation. Therapeutic massage can help reduce inflammation, decrease pain, and increase range of motion.