Stats Behind Massage
Does it Work?
Massage is a wonderful and helpful tool for relaxation, pain management, and so much more! But, don’t take our word for it…here are some stats behind massage to show how amazing it truly is. These statistics are from the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), through studies they they have done.
The AMTA reported that the primary reason that people get massages is for health and wellness:
- 43% of adult Americans who had a massage between July 2016-July 2017 received it for medical or health reasons such as pain management, soreness/stiffness/spasms, injury rehabilitation, or overall wellness, a slight decrease from 2016 data.
- 89% agree that massage can be effective in reducing pain.
- 29% of massage consumers had a massage for relaxation/stress reduction between July 2016-July 2017.
So if so many Americans receive massage for wellness vs relaxation, that must be a sign that it works…right? Need more stats, alright…let’s keep them coming!
A Regular Massage Keeps the Doctor Away
In July 2017, roughly fifty million American adults had discussed massage therapy with their doctors in the previous year. Massage is seen in the medical world as a real option for treatment of a variety of problems. The following diagram shows health care professionals referring patients to massage therapists.
So, What Can Massage Help With?
Massage, especially Therapeutic Massage, can help with SO many problems. The AMTA has done extensive research into this area. The following list is provided by the AMTA:
- Cancer-related fatigue
- Low back pain
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Reducing post-operative pain
- Boosting the body’s immune system functioning
- Decreasing the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Lowering blood pressure
- Reducing headache frequency
- Easing alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Decreasing pain in cancer patients
And this list just scratches the surface! We can also include help with pregnancy, depresssion, anxiety, austism, sports performance, injury, car accident pain, and it goes on and on!
Need more proof? Then come in and try out a massage for yourself! With over 6 modalities offered to best fit your needs, you will walk away feeling better than you knew you could!